Can't access the web interface.

A

actgold

Hi there,

In need of some advice please. I have installed proxmox onto my home server using Hyper-V. Installed fine. At the installation I just gave it an IP on my routers DHCP range that wasn't in use. 192.168.30.121 default gateway and dns are of the router. Now once installed and logged into root I try access the web address from my other VM or from the actual server itself and I can't get to it. I also don't get a ping response from .121 although when I do ifconfig the ip is correct and if I do a ping to .121 from proxmox it responds. Am I missing something here? Also I take it proxmox does not have a GUI built in?

I work in IT but I'm a Windows tech and very much a novice as far as linux is concerned. I'm now trying to expand my area of expertise as I'd like to get into security and would like to build a test environment and proxmox was the suggested platform for building a lab. :-( stuck at the first hurdle.

Thanks for any help really appreciate your time

Hi there,

In need of some advice please. I have installed proxmox onto my home server using Hyper-V. Installed fine. At the installation I just gave it an IP on my routers DHCP range that wasn't in use. 192.168.30.121 default gateway and dns are of the router. Now once installed and logged into root I try access the web address from my other VM or from the actual server itself and I can't get to it. I also don't get a ping response from .121 although when I do ifconfig the ip is correct and if I do a ping to .121 from proxmox it responds. Am I missing something here? Also I take it proxmox does not have a GUI built in?

I work in IT but I'm a Windows tech and very much a novice as far as linux is concerned. I'm now trying to expand my area of expertise as I'd like to get into security and would like to build a test environment and proxmox was the suggested platform for building a lab. :-( stuck at the first hurdle.

Thanks for any help really appreciate your time
Hi,
proxmox is made to run on bare metal and not as VM.

I guess your virtual NIC from hyper-v don't work in bridged mode - pve use the nic (like eth0) as device for the bridge vmbr0 - this bridge is also used to connect the VM-nics.

Try pve on a seperate computer ( if you have pve, you don't need hyper-v ;) )

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!