Can't access /etc/pve in failed cluster

yena

Renowned Member
Nov 18, 2011
Hello,
i have a failed 3 node cluster,
two nodes are broken and all vm now are on the node 3.

Now /etc/pve are not mounted and so i hav this error when i try to restart pvestatd:
systemctl restart pvestatd

Oct 04 09:28:37 stgvps pveproxy[1686]: /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key: failed to load local private key (key_file or key) at /usr/share/
Oct 04 09:28:37 stgvps pveproxy[1685]: /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key: failed to load local private key (key_file or key) at /usr/share/
Oct 04 09:28:37 stgvps pveproxy[1687]: /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key: failed to load local private key (key_file or key) at /usr/share/
Oct 04 09:28:37 stgvps pve-ha-lrm[6251]: updating service status from manager failed: Connection refused

If i restart the node, and done: pvecm expect 1
now i can start all VM but afer some minutes web interfaces die and the cluster go offline and again i cant restart pvestatd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

systemctl restart pve-cluster:

Oct 04 09:35:36 stgvps systemd[1]: pve-cluster.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Oct 04 09:35:36 stgvps systemd[1]: pve-cluster.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
-- Subject: Unit failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: https://www.debian.org/support
--
-- The unit pve-cluster.service has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 04 09:35:36 stgvps systemd[1]: Failed to start The Proxmox VE cluster filesystem.
-- Subject: A start job for unit pve-cluster.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: https://www.debian.org/support
--
-- A start job for unit pve-cluster.service has finished with a failure.
--
-- The job identifier is 3522 and the job result is failed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
systemctl restart pvedaemon
systemctl restart pveproxy
systemctl restart pvestatd
.. No way ..

Any ideas?
Can i remove cluater configuration on the node to use it as a single node ?

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!