Cannot select ISO from local storage - No Storage devices show

Brodie Davis

Jun 20, 2016
Ok, here is a weird one that I have been having a tough time googling for. 4 Days ago, I installed Proxmox 4.2 on an HP Proliant server, everything went great. Starting yesterday, I could no longer add images to the CD drives of virtual machines. When I try to add/edit the media being used, no storage devices show up. There is 20 or so ISO's in /var/lib/vz/template/iso/
My /etc/pve/storage.cfg:
Code:
dir: local
    path /var/lib/vz
    content vztmpl,iso,images,backup
    maxfiles 0

lvmthin: local-lvm
    thinpool data
    vgname pve
    content images,rootdir

Local storage was working great for this, then it suddenly stopped working. Both storage devices show up in the proxmox web interface, and the interface shows the ISO files that are in the folder. I even tried clearing my browser cookies because maybe, just maybe!

Please help!! And thanks in advance :)
-Brodie

EDIT: Just discovered it works fine in Firefox, but not in chrome. I tried clearing all chrome data for the last week but that did not help. It is Google Chrome (not chromium) on Ubuntu 16.04

Last edited:
Hi,
which version do you use.

pveversion

Code:
root@foghorn:/var/lib/vz# pveversion  -v
proxmox-ve: 4.2-48 (running kernel: 4.4.6-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.2-2 (running version: 4.2-2/725d76f0)
pve-kernel-4.4.6-1-pve: 4.4.6-48
lvm2: 2.02.116-pve2
corosync-pve: 2.3.5-2
libqb0: 1.0-1
pve-cluster: 4.0-39
qemu-server: 4.0-72
pve-firmware: 1.1-8
libpve-common-perl: 4.0-59
libpve-access-control: 4.0-16
libpve-storage-perl: 4.0-50
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.5-2
vncterm: 1.2-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.5-14
pve-container: 1.0-62
pve-firewall: 2.0-25
pve-ha-manager: 1.0-28
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-2+deb8u2
lxc-pve: 1.1.5-7
lxcfs: 2.0.0-pve2
cgmanager: 0.39-pve1
criu: 1.6.0-1
zfsutils: 0.6.5-pve9~jessie

Please make a update there are some improvements in the WebGUI.

Just to follow up (although kind of late) it was a chrome-specific problem on one PC, and updating it fixed the problem.

Thanks!
-Brodie

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!