Cannot load 8021q module

K

kameleon

When I try to modprobe 8021q so I can do vlans I get this error:

Code:
root@gandhi:~# modprobe 8021q
FATAL: Error inserting 8021q (/lib/modules/2.6.32-6-pve/kernel/net/8021q/8021q.ko): Invalid module format
root@gandhi:~#

I have searched google for the answer but nothing comes up on this one. Is it something anyone else has seen?

upgrade your system and try again (aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade, reboot).

[homer mode]
D'Oh!
[/homer mode]

I could have sworn that I did that but obviously not. I did the upgrade part I know since I was not 100% sure if the install media was just 2.0 Beta or 2.0 Beta RC1. So it was obviously just not rebooted. Works like a charm now. Even figured out the way to run the hypervisor on an untagged vlan! I will post that in the other thread though to keep it all in one place. Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!