Cannot get maxswap boot parameter to work.

nekatreven

Aug 31, 2010
Hello,

I am installing pve 1.5 and I cannot get the maxswap parameter to work. maxroot works fine. I've tried switching the order that I am typing them but it does no good...swap stays stuck at 15gb.

So far I have done (without quotes of course):
Code:
"linux maxroot=10 maxswap=5"
and
Code:
"linux maxswap=5 maxroot=10"
but in both cases root is modified and swap is left alone.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Mark

Well I took a jog through the install .iso looking for instances of the word maxroot and found what I was looking for. I was hoping I'd find some plain-text string inside the innards of the installer and that the swap parameter would be there too...but alas...it was the Release notes.

Code:
- installer: show harddrive labels and size, added '[B]swapsize[/B]'
     and 'maxroot' boot parameters.
So (at least in the 1.5 disc I have)...the parameter is not maxswap but is instead swapsize. I will go make a note on all the posts I can find that have it wrong (3 to 5).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!