Cannot find TPM box

ursus

Oct 26, 2021
Gooooood Morning...

I am a ESXi user who is considering ProxMox for my new HomeLab. Setup was a breeze and I am having a blast - great work.

I wanted to create my first Microsoft Windows 11 VM and, as there are a lot of tutorials out, there thought it would not be a problem. I just cannot seem to find the TPM box to tick - this is the box I mean:

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 09.29.49.png

I have selected q35 as the Machine type but, as you can see below:

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 09.27.10.png

I do not have that option. This is the tutorial I was using:

https://dannyda.com/2021/10/08/how-...2Ek5KEQFJNM-1635232666-0-gqNtZGzNAzujcnBszQg9

but I have tried others.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Cheers
Ursus

PS: responses can be in German, I am just more comfortable with English and think it would help others more in a "neutral" language.

Thank you for the quick response ... I must have missed that - I *thought* that I had installed 7.2 - but see now that the ISO is 7.0-2... I only have 7.0.11 installed. I just bought a subscription and added the key to the installation. I upgraded and then rebooted. Funnily enough I am still on 7.0.11 and when I select upgrade it says "no updates available" and upgrade said all OK?

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 10.16.28.png

Any ideas?

I get that but I have upgrade and ProxMox didn't update to 7.0-13 -> is it a different repository ?? I am not presented with any more things to update to in the web frontend, it said I am up to date?

Ah, I bought a subscription so I would like to stay with the Enterprise repositories. I have added the Test repository and that seems to have done the trick :) Thank you for the help. Cheers. ursus

Reactions: ITT

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!