[SOLVED] Cannot change memory to value below 1024MB

debitux

Feb 28, 2017
Hi all,

i'm currently facing the issue that i'm not able to change the value of memory for the virtual machines to below 1024MB - starting the machine with that value leads me to a error Message:

TASK ERROR: minimum memory must be 1024MB

Those VM's are full clones of a template (which has 265MB Memory assigned). When cloning the template Proxmox sets the memory to 1024MB automatically and I'm not able to set it below that.
Installing new virtual machines with memory below 1024MB is no problem, only clones show this weierd issue.

Thanks for your help!

this is needed for memory hotplugging, I guess your old template was created before the hugepages/numa changes. if you want VMs with lower memory, you can simply disable memory hotplugging.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!