[SOLVED] Cannot access Proxmox machine from macbook

petrkue

Feb 22, 2024
Hello there,

I have successfully installed Proxmox VE, version 8.1.0. on Odroid H3. I set static IP to 10.0.0.98 and gateway to 10.0.0.1 during the installation. All worked fine until out of nowhere I can no longer connect to server from other local hosts on the same network. I can't see web GUI on https://10.0.0.98:8006/ (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT) and I cannot login to server via ssh. I can't even ping it. However, it is listed in my router setting clients and it has assigned right IP address.

From proxmox server, I am able to ping gateway, also internet connection works well.

What I tried but I didn't succeed:
1. Changed IP address to other free in my network
2. Checked firewall settings/turn firewall off
3. Use second ethernet port on my machine
4. update and upgrade all packages
5. Look in journalctl -b log for relevant errors
6. Reboot networking, pve-cluster, pveproxy and also whole server and router
7. Follow multiple Forums here with same problem, but that solutions doesn't fix my problem.

I attach some relevant pictures. I appreciate any answers or help, I am totally lost now, thank you.

IMG_7241.pngIMG_7242.pngIMG_7243.pngIMG_7244.pngIMG_7246.png

Now I found out, that it is happening only on my Macbook. I can see Proxmox web interface from phone or other windows pc. So it is issue with my client. But what is it? I tried incognito mode, Chrome and Safari. I am on the same network, connected via WiFi.

Last edited:
SOLVED!

The problem disappeared after MacOS update to Sonoma 14.3.1 so it is not a problem with proxmox but I keep this forum here if anyone have the same problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!