Can not install Windows 2019

This also solves the error "Windows can't install on that drive 0x80300001" after loading the virtio driver and selecting the disk.
OMG! What a stupid error message. How about "Please re-insert the Windows installation disk"? That would have saved me 40 minutes.
Thanks Craig, I was getting very cranky.
omg that took a while to figure out...

I had a similar issue and has both the windows and virtio ISOs mounted. What seems to have resolved it was changing the disc drives so that the Windows one came first, as in windows iso on sata1 and virtio iso on sata2.

The solution for me was very simple. After swapping the ISO image from Windows to VirtIO to load the drivers, change back to the Windows ISO and click the refresh button. The error message will disappear.
Just want to say this solved my issue too. Didn't even realize that error would be associated with.. swapping the CD back lol

This also solves the error "Windows can't install on that drive 0x80300001" after loading the virtio driver and selecting the disk.
OMG! What a stupid error message. How about "Please re-insert the Windows installation disk"? That would have saved me 40 minutes.
Thanks Craig, I was getting very cranky.
Haha same for me

Lol... you are f'ing kidding me... yep, still an issue. Had the same error... and for sure, just need to mount the windows installer again.
Gotta love technology.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!