Can I install qemu-guest-agent on android vm?

emilka

Feb 28, 2022
I have android vm running on Proxmox:
Code:
Android version: 6.0.1
Kernel version: 4.4.62-android-x86_64
Has anyone tried to install qemu-guest-agent on virtual androids to get on them from the outside? Cannot google any information about it. I found the page with available qemu-guest-agent packages for some linux distros but it seems there is nothing android-compatible amids them. Can someone suggest me anything reasonable?

Last edited:
Does the Android kernel even have support for qemu-guest-agent? It uses a special device to communicate with the hypervisor.
Can you elaborate, please? I'm actually absolute noob in it and any help (at least the direction to dig further) is very appreciated . And.. is it possible altogether to make Proxmox `guest-api-fitures` work with android vms correctly?

I think it is the CONFIG_KVM_GUEST setting in the kernel configuration that enables the special device.
My example VM has a /dev/virtio-ports/org.qemu.guest_agent.0 symlink to /dev/vport2p1 that is used by the qemu-ga process.
What image are you using? Do you have access to the android-vms by ip? I simply need to map vmid and ip-address of vms in local network in order to connect to them via adb knowing vmid of machine I am connecting.

Last edited:
I think it is the CONFIG_KVM_GUEST setting in the kernel configuration that enables the special device.
I have looked into /proc/config.gz - there is no line CONFIG_KVM_GUEST in there. Only CONFIG_HAVE_KVM=y

My example VM has a /dev/virtio-ports/org.qemu.guest_agent.0 symlink to /dev/vport2p1 that is used by the qemu-ga process.
And your example VM with CONFIG_KVM_GUEST isn't android then? I thought you have managed to configure android vm some another way to use guest networking features of Proxmox.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!