Bulk Migrate doesnt work with LXC

Donitoza

Jan 4, 2018
How I can change live migration to use the restart migration for Bulk Migrate?
Without that Bulk migration will not work (bulk stop/bulk migrate/bulk start - it`s not true).

Thanks.

LXC will be migrated in stop mode of course (no live migration for lxc)
so as a result Bulk Migration doesn't work with LXC? (yes)
...and my question is "How I can change live migration to use the restart migration for Bulk Migrate?"
where I can add "--restart" option to LXC "Bulk Migrate"?

I don't know what your problem is, I don bulk migrates for maintenance, the VM's do live, the LXC containers do stop migration as they should. I never configured something specially regarding this.

I don't know what your problem is, I don bulk migrates for maintenance, the VM's do live, the LXC containers do stop migration as they should. I never configured something specially regarding this.

I need migrate 200 LXC containers between two nodes with minimum downtime. Now its possible to migrate one by one LXC because Bulk Migrate doesn`t know how to migrate LXC with "restart" mode.

Last edited:
Found this via search, same issue, have a few dozen containers. one at a time has the option for restart mode. Bulk migrate doesnt seem to have the option to use restart :-(

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!