build kernel not working

diff --git a/debian/rules b/debian/rules index 2718672..75eaa40 100755 --- a/debian/rules +++ b/debian/rules @@ -103,6 +103,9 @@ PMX_CONFIG_OPTS= \ -d CONFIG_GDS_FORCE_MITIGATION \ -d CONFIG_WQ_CPU_INTENSIVE_REPORT \ -d UBSAN_BOUNDS \ +-d CONFIG_HZ_250 \ +-e CONFIG_HZ_1000 \ +--set-val CONFIG_HZ 1000 \ debian/control: $(wildcard debian/*.in) sed -e 's/@@KVNAME@@/$(KVNAME)/g' < debian/proxmox-kernel.prerm.in > debian/$(PMX_KERNEL_PKG).prerm
Yeah i want to replace it with 1000 but that looks like a .patch file, is it? :)

Oh wait, i see u put the valve between what i need to replace, i gona give it a try :)

Last edited:
Did i understand it right?

The real replacement is in the proxmox-kernel-6.5.11 folder, where everything comes togather :D ?

in the mainfolder "pve-kernel/config-6.5.11.org" what is this for? cause there is no change but in the proxmox-kernel-6.5.11 is a config with change now :)

the .org file is the stock one, yes. see the Makefile for what's being done with it.

the .org file is the stock one, yes. see the Makefile for what's being done with it.
Thank you, i have now install the now kernal with the 1000hz. IDK if its 1000hz but my cpu fan and pump dont work anymore and i can't install it over the linux header cause something change since the update in the header.

makefile
Code:
.PHONY: all modules install modules_install clean

# external KDIR specification is supported
KDIR ?= /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build

SOURCES := waterforce.c
all: modules

install: modules_install

modules modules_install clean:
    make -C $(KDIR) M=$$PWD $@

checkpatch:
    $(KDIR)/scripts/checkpatch.pl --strict --no-tree $(SOURCES)

dev:
    make clean
    make
    sudo rmmod waterforce || true
    sudo insmod waterforce.ko

output:
Code:
sudo ./Makefile
./Makefile: 1: .PHONY:: not found
./Makefile: 4: shell: not found
./Makefile: 4: KDIR: not found
./Makefile: 6: SOURCES: not found
./Makefile: 7: all:: not found
./Makefile: 9: install:: not found
./Makefile: 11: modules: not found
./Makefile: 12: KDIR: not found
make: *** M=4756PWD: No such file or directory.  Stop.
./Makefile: 14: checkpatch:: not found
./Makefile: 15: KDIR: not found
./Makefile: 15: SOURCES: not found
./Makefile: 15: /scripts/checkpatch.pl: not found
./Makefile: 17: dev:: not found
make -C /lib/modules/6.5.11-7-pve/build M=$PWD clean
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.5.11-7-pve'
  CLEAN   /root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/Module.symvers
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.5.11-7-pve'
make -C /lib/modules/6.5.11-7-pve/build M=$PWD modules
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.5.11-7-pve'
  CC [M]  /root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.o
/root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.c: In function ‘get_cpu_temp’:
/root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.c:154:18: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
  154 |     sprintf(path,"/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/temp1_input",priv->cputhermalzoneid);
      |                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.c: At top level:
/root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.c:54:26: warning: ‘waterforce_timer’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
   54 | static struct timer_list waterforce_timer;
      |                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  MODPOST /root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/Module.symvers
  CC [M]  /root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.mod.o
  LD [M]  /root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.ko
  BTF [M] /root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.ko
Skipping BTF generation for /root/aorus_waterforce_x240_kernel_module/waterforce.ko due to unavailability of vmlinux
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-6.5.11-7-pve'

can u maybe tell me whats diffrent in the now header? it work in kernel header version -6.2.16-19-pve o_O

I think it actualy work but the path of the cpu temp has changed?

EDITET:

it had changed but why?
the CPU temp was befor on: /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/temp1_input
now it is on : /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon5/temp1_input

Code:
cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon5/name
k10temp

Code:
sensors

k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Tctl:         +52.1°C
Tccd1:        +49.2°C
Tccd3:        +50.8°C
Tccd5:        +47.8°C
Tccd7:        +47.8°C

should be my cpu and i think it fixed

Last edited:
Does 1000hz as any effect cause i cant notice none:rolleyes: I was thinking about changing the RT "-1" too, some ppls said that it worked fine for them but i have read its dangerous...
Do you know something about laytency? i have try to fix it a bit with that but looks like didn't do anything. :(

I am not sure what your actual objective is..

I'm using Proxmox as a Workstation, Gaming also be able to splitt my pc if i want too but mostly i do work on it privatly. The Problem is when i use more core the laytency increase. Mostly on the Windows Kernel and the USB port driver. I'm using LatencyMon too see if there are any problems, i think 1000hz has stop mirco lags in video but the soundcard has still problems like cracking even that i have passth it as PCIe in the VM, its still usb but thats how it have been build. What i m trying to get less laytency, 48core in vm causes more laytency, 24 core in the vm works better but not good but its not worst the laytency does not go heavy wild. I dont use assign_interrupts because it is not flexible Enough when i make changes or create new vm's so i have installed IRQ balance what fixed the problem "if i dont use anything", it would lag even windows.

My question is what can i change or do to decrease laytency, i got a strong CPU and Strong Mainboard that could Handel changes. I would like to know if there some other kernel changes that would make Performe better. I'm now using my Windows and Linux at the sametime 3 years and step by step made changes and it is getting better.

But the laytency is not quit great and that triggers the soundcard.

I have seen ppls using this but i m not sure about that any other ideeas?
---> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1604133

Note: when i run LatencyMon it seen like it make the IRQ get confusied cause it to much requestion. If i dont run it the vm runs fine but not good Enough.

Hope i could explain it well cause i mostly talk german.

Last edited:
Thanks, thats great!!!:) but i have seen something what i would run into problems like hugepages, that does not work on my system. If i sett hugepages for the vm the vm reports i dont have the right amount or it says i dont have Enough. Grub start paramenter for hugepages dont work aswell if i set it proxmox wont bot anymore.

if i set IRQ to a core does this effects that i dont have flexibility to use what ever core i want without need of resetting something?

Last edited:
you'll have to experiment yourself, this is all very hardware and workload dependent.

Hello, i got something else i would like to fix it, i have a small network problem the dhcp dont work for my vm's, i need to always add the ip by my self and if i use an .img of a vm that need dhcp it wont work. Should i create a new thread or just ask here?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!