Bug while upgrading from 5 to 6

Sloug

May 3, 2020
Today I've tried to upgrade my proxmox from the latest 5 release to version 6.
My proxmox is not a pure proxmox installation, it was installed onto a debian system, to enable a full disk encryption.
I had done everything according to this guide: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_5.x_to_6.0
There is only 1 node and no ceph so it should be quite easy.
After I had overwritten als sources lists to the buster version and did an apt upgrade I've tried to execute apt dist-upgrade, while this was runnig I got the following error:
Code:
Unpacking libjsp-api-java (2.3.4-2) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-nHKGE7/127-libjsp-api-java_2.3.4-2_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/maven-repo/javax/servlet/jsp/javax.servlet.jsp-api/2.3/javax.servlet.jsp-api-2.3.pom', which is also in package libservlet3.1-java 8.5.50-0+deb9u1
Selecting previously unselected package libel-api-java.
Preparing to unpack .../128-libel-api-java_3.0.0-2_all.deb ...
Unpacking libel-api-java (3.0.0-2) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-nHKGE7/128-libel-api-java_3.0.0-2_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/maven-repo/javax/el/javax.el-api/3.0/javax.el-api-3.0.pom', which is also in package libservlet3.1-java 8.5.50-0+deb9u1
Selecting previously unselected package libwebsocket-api-java.
Preparing to unpack .../129-libwebsocket-api-java_1.1-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking libwebsocket-api-java (1.1-1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /tmp/apt-dpkg-install-nHKGE7/129-libwebsocket-api-java_1.1-1_all.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/maven-repo/javax/websocket/javax.websocket-api/1.0/javax.websocket-api-1.0.pom', which is also in package libservlet3.1-java 8.5.50-0+deb9u1
Preparing to unpack .../130-libservlet3.1-java_1%3a4.0.1-2_all.deb ...

This bug is already reportet in the debian bugtracker:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=947844

As you can see in the last post on Sat, 28 Mar 2020 there was written:
"I will upload new packages to stable-proposed tomorrow but it may take a
few days until they will be accepted."

So my question is, when can I expect a fix for this bug in proxmox repositories, or is there any other problem why this is not fixed?
Is there any workaround for this bug, it would be nice, because I want to finish my upgrade as soon as possible!

Thanks for your help

So my question is, when can I expect a fix for this bug in proxmox repositories, or is there any other problem why this is not fixed?

This is a package from Debian, not maintained by Proxmox (and not part of the Proxmox repositories).

Thanks for your quick reply, I was not sure if this is also a proxmox-dependecy, so this was really helpful. I'd removed the libservlet3.1-java package and restarted the dist-upgrade. Nothing went wrong this time, so I'm now on pve 6, too.

Thanks!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!