[SOLVED] Bug Problems On Startup Right After Install

Angelsong

Dec 19, 2021
I have just installed Proĉmoĉ VE 7.1. On reboot I get an ACPI Bios Error (bug): Could not resolve sŭmbol ...... \_SB._OSC.CDĜ1 ......

Can someone help me resolve this bug? I am using an old computer ĝith an ASRock Motherboard, Intel Celeron J-series, 1999MHz.

Last edited:
does Proxmox continue to boot or does this error prevent the host from booting?

generally, if the error is not preventing Proxmox from loading, you will likely be able to ignore it. Lot's of older-hardware does tend to produce spurious error-messages

The error aborts the booting process. Is there a workaround or a string to bypass/solve this [\_SB._OSC.CDW1]? I'm sort of a noob to all of this outside of Windows. (I'm disabled, so I spend a lot of my time learning.)

you should edit /etc/default/grub with your fav editor then run update-grub.
The configuration file is /boot/grub/grub.cfg, but you shouldn't edit it directly.

you should edit /etc/default/grub with your fav editor then run update-grub.
The configuration file is /boot/grub/grub.cfg, but you shouldn't edit it directly.
Hello all

New to proxmox and linux

Just installed proxmox on a ssd set into an optical drive bay on a dell r710 (everythig worked well while proxmox was loaded onto a HD for 3 weeks)

When proxmox boots from the ssd I get the same error as above and the monitor now shows no connections (blank not connected to server).

Sorry for my immense ignorance

where and how do i access and edit the configuration file mentionned above?

thank you in advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!