Broken raw vm-disk file.

Desler

Feb 10, 2011
Hi!
I have some trouble with vm-disk raw file. It seems that fs on it fas corrupted. When I starting VM I see this:

ioerr.jpg

I have no idea? how can I fix this. I try to boot with liveCD. I see lvm on this partition? but I cant mout it because there is no main and alternative superblocks on this file system.

Any Idea or utilite to fix broken raw?

Hi!
I have some trouble with vm-disk raw file. It seems that fs on it fas corrupted. When I starting VM I see this:

ioerr.jpg

I have no idea? how can I fix this. I try to boot with liveCD. I see lvm on this partition? but I cant mout it because there is no main and alternative superblocks on this file system.

Any Idea or utilite to fix broken raw?
Hi,
you can try to use "cache=writethrough" for the disk. I have one system, where this is nesessary otherwise the VM don't boot.

Udo

Hi,
you can try to use "cache=writethrough" for the disk. I have one system, where this is nesessary otherwise the VM don't boot.

Udo

Its not helping.

All my story: I have a virtual machine with disk size about 100Gb. Guest system was Ubuntu with lvm. Once time I shut down this machine and when start up this machine again - I see this error.
Unfortunately backups dont help me: i have two backups and both backups I cant unarchive, because they have CRC error on vm disk file.
I suspect disk i/o error on server, but there is no io error reporting in proxmox syslog and no errors found during tests.

I use Raid10 on Adaptec Raid ASR-2405.

BTW, testdisk give some result - I can get access to a part of files.

just to note, the ASR-2405 has no cache protection. so if you use the controller cache you are at risk in some situations. and also do not forget to disable hard disk cache as there is also no cache protection there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!