Broken Graphs and System Monitoring

L

lelandbatey

I've noticed this twice, that after some period of time (not exactly sure how long, but at least 50 days) the graphs showing system utilization break and show no image.
Given that Proxmox uses rrdtools for it's system monitoring, I think that's broken in some way.

Here is a screenshot of what my system summary looks like now: http://puu.sh/1wLT6

I was only able to fix that last time by rebooting the host, but I'd prefer not to do this. Is there any way this can be fixed without restarting?

make sure you run the latest version, and post the output of 'pveversion -v'

The output of pveversion -v is:

pve-manager: 2.1-13 (pve-manager/2.1/bdd3663d)
running kernel: 2.6.32-13-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.1-72
pve-kernel-2.6.32-13-pve: 2.6.32-72
pve-kernel-2.6.32-6-pve: 2.6.32-53
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.4-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.93-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.9-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-33
qemu-server: 2.0-69
pve-firmware: 1.0-21
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-39
libpve-access-control: 1.0-25
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-36
vncterm: 1.0-3
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.2-7
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

This is after running apt-get upgrade as root.

I did run an "apt-get update" just prior to running "apt-get upgrade".

However, you were very right to point out that it was still an old version. I logged in again, ran "apt-get update" then "apt-get upgrade" again. This time, I received a message that everything was up-to-date, but that three packages had been held back (" proxmox-ve-2.6.32 pve-manager vzctl"). A quick search showed that to upgrade this kind of major release, I needed to run "apt-get dist-upgrade", which completely fixed the problem!

Thank you to all the help staff for putting the time in to help me figure out this problem. Also, huge thank you to the fantastic developers of Proxmox, it's a really amazing piece of software and it makes life much better!

If there's any way to donate to this project, I'd love to know how (it's certainly made me enough money to warrant a donation).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!