Boot failed: not a bootable disk - after Converting and importing image

Since you've selected a Windows 11/2022/2025 system, is the system on the old hardware perhaps UEFI/GPT?
If so, under options for BIOS select the UEFI one, and in hardware click add, and then click to add both the EFI and the TPM-disks.

Or is it that you just didn't (correctly) select which OS it was?

Hi sw-omit
I`ve been told that despite the installation of VitIO Driver, windows will not integer the VirtIO Driver in the boot process, because windows didn´t found the VirtIO Disk!

Ah, yeah.
Switch the boot-disk to sata (disconnect then re-connect as sata, check which one is which by the size), in the options of proxmox re-set the boot order, start the VM, see if it now boots (maybe in disk-management "online" the other disk), reboot a second time, shut it down, swap it back to scsi

This is of course if you installed the drivers before the migration. If not, do that before the second reboot of course.

Hi together,
I switched the boot-disk to sata and I restarted the boot order. Unfortunately, i got the message boot failed no bootable device. Then I repeated the disk importation and confirmed that the disk has the raw format. I started the VM again and i didn´t receive a boot failed message, but windows asked to start the starthelp and required the installation of a driver. the question here, shall I install the virtio driver?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!