Block rar compressed file with only contain exe extension in proxmox

sanojs

Sep 13, 2019
Hi All,

How i can block RAR compressed files that contains only .exe files? Please support

Thanks

you can add a rule with action block and a what object which has 'archive filter' -> exe

this blocks all mails which have an exe in an archive, for pmg to be able to unpack rar files you have to install the package 'p7zip-rar' from the non-free repositories

Hi.

I have done the configuration that suggested above. but still i could see exe files are getting delivered to my e-mail.

Do i need to do any more changes or restart of services ? Please suggest?

root@proxmox:~# apt-cache search p7zip-rar
p7zip-full - 7z and 7za file archivers with high compression ratio
p7zip-rar - non-free rar module for p7zip
root@proxmox:~#

Attachments

• proxmox.png
    proxmox.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 32
  • proxmox what object.png
    proxmox what object.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 35
hi,

try choosing the correct content type from the dropdown box instead of typing 'exe'. take a look at attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 2019-09-13-162818_755x196_scrot.png
    2019-09-13-162818_755x196_scrot.png
    434.5 KB · Views: 36
Still the same. what should be the priority and direction will I give? attached screenshot

Attachments

• Mail Filter.png
    Mail Filter.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 32
  • what objects.png
    what objects.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 28
hi,

priority and direction looks ok. did you install p7zip-rar?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!