Bios Reading the QEMU files

Sahil Ahmed

Dec 27, 2022
Hi team,

I have installed the Proxmox VE 7.2.1 and created the Vms in the same,

I have created the windows 2019 and inside the RDP when I am reading the bios I am getting the manufacturer as QEMU but not the Physical server details like Model, CPU, or any other hardware-related issues,

Are there any settings so that we can see the hardware information of the system in the Windows VM, while reading the bios,

For better understanding I will attach the file of the same, please have a look into that,

Kindly do the needful and help me out with this,

Thanks & Regards

Attachments

• qemu.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 3
I have created the windows 2019 and inside the RDP when I am reading the bios I am getting the manufacturer as QEMU but not the Physical server details like Model, CPU, or any other hardware-related issues,
This is on purpose because you are using virtualization and you can even move the VM between physical machines with clustering.
Search the Proxmox manual for smbios1: which allows you to set some of the virtual BIOS settings yourself.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!