BCC from Quarantine

AVIYOR

Mar 27, 2023
Hi

Please advice, or indicate an approximate direction where to look for a solution

There is a rule that uses the BCC action for certain emails. This rule is preceded by a higher priority rule with the end action "Quarantine".
When an email is erroneously quarantined, BCC is not sent when it is forwarded out of quarantine.
1) Is it possible to somehow configure it so that when a message is sent from the quarantine using the "Deliver" button, the message goes through the rules system again? (The highest priority rule in my system is the Whitelist, so it would be possible to add the sender to the Whitelist before hitting the "Deliver" button).
2) Is there any other solution to this problem? For example, I read about sender_bcc, recipient_bcc. I understand that it is possible to set up sender_bcc for the sender "postmaster@mydomain". But that's not exactly what I need. I don't yet understand how to set up BCC, provided that FROM and TO match the given conditions.

1) Is it possible to somehow configure it so that when a message is sent from the quarantine using the "Deliver" button, the message goes through the rules system again? (The highest priority rule in my system is the Whitelist, so it would be possible to add the sender to the Whitelist before hitting the "Deliver" button).
No this is not possible

There is a rule that uses the BCC action for certain emails. This rule is preceded by a higher priority rule with the end action "Quarantine".
When an email is erroneously quarantined, BCC is not sent when it is forwarded out of quarantine.
Either put the BCC at a higher priority than the quarantine rule - or add the BCC Action also the the rule where you put the mails in quarantine

I hope this helps!

No this is not possible

Either put the BCC at a higher priority than the quarantine rule - or add the BCC Action also the the rule where you put the mails in quarantine

I hope this helps!
Thanks for the quick response. But unfortunately the proposed solutions are not an option in our situation. We only need copies of ham, not spam

Hmm - in that case you cannot do this through the rule-system - as you said above - you could probably work around that with the postfix config
(for which you need to use the templateting system:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_template_engine)

Yes, just in the second paragraph I wrote about the postfix settings
2) Is there any other solution to this problem? For example, I read about sender_bcc, recipient_bcc. I understand that it is possible to set up sender_bcc for the sender "postmaster@mydomain". But that's not exactly what I need. I don't yet understand how to set up BCC, provided that FROM and TO match the given conditions.
I just don't quite understand how to set it up correctly. Perhaps one of the forum members has experience with settings of this kind and will share their thoughts

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!