Bayes filter not learning

bberny

Dec 11, 2020
My gateway runs for around a year now, but bayesian filter is still not learning spam well.

I have set threshold to
Code:
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam         7.0
in /usr/share/spamassassin/10_default_prefs.cf and also in /etc/mail/spamassassin but it still did not learn messages above 14 score.
Hams are correctly learned based on sa-learn --dump magic (7nspam and 395nham) and sometimes I can see it in logs that autolearn=ham.
But when I receive mail that is above my spam threshold (even 15 score of mail does not seem enough) it always shows autolearn=no.
Example below shows not learned mail that should be learned by bayes autolearn but is not
Code:
Dec 31 13:55:43 mailgw pmg-smtp-filter[27227]: 8140D61CEFDCEB39E6: SA score=9/5 time=0.513 bayes=undefined autolearn=no autolearn_force=no hits=BODY_PLASTIC_MOLD(1.9),DKIM_ADSP_CUSTOM_MED(0.001),DRUGS_ERECTILE(2.221),FORGED_GMAIL_RCVD(1),FREEMAIL_FROM(0.001),KAM_DMARC_STATUS(0.01),NML_ADSP_CUSTOM_MED(1.2),SPF_SOFTFAIL(0.972),SPOOFED_FREEMAIL(1.269),SPOOF_GMAIL_MID(1.054),T_SPF_HELO_TEMPERROR(0.01)

How can I get my autolearn to start learning based on my configurations ?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!