[SOLVED] Backups not working: Unknown option: fullbackup

elchorizo

Feb 14, 2019
I had backups working forever, now all of the sudden something changed and even when I try to run from command line its broken... I understand the error message, so obviously the command line switches changed. Not sure why the built in system isn't working though?

Code:
Unknown option: fullbackup
400 unable to parse option
vzdump {<vmid>} [OPTIONS]

Full invocation is here:

Code:
vzdump 101 104 102 --fullbackup 7 --mailto blah@blah.com --mode snapshot --storage backup --quiet 1 --mailnotification always --maxfiles 7 --compress lzo

Anyone have any ideas?

I see the file /etc/pve/vzdump.cron has that in there, and another backup line without the --fullbackup option and it works, but it doesn't appear to be running that one. Just the errored one because backups are not running. Is this the file I need to modify? Or is it stored somewhere else as well?

i do not see this option here anywhere, neither in the code
did you maybe install ayufans differential backup patches and forgot?

Coped the patched files from an unpatched install and the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks for that tip, that was definitely it!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!