[SOLVED] Backups List in Proxmox GUI not updating

naupe

Apr 8, 2019
I've got a server with Proxmox Virtual Environment 6.4-15 installed. I've got several VMs installed on it. I've also got a 10TB External Backup Drive that I manually back up my VMs to. I should also mention that I've only used up about 7% of my Proxmox Disk Space and 11% of my External Backup Drive Disk Space.

I just recently performed a VM Backup (Snapshot ZSTD) on one of my VMs to the External Drive. According to the LOG, it completed successfully:
https://pastebin.com/JcUSW9gd (I forgot to add the TASK OK message that I got at the end as well).

However, there are several problems:
  1. In the Tasks list, there is still no End Time for the backup task. Still the "loading" circle animation. In the Status tab, the Duration is still continuing.
  2. The VM still has a Save (Floppy Disk) icon next to it, and a [Lock] (backup) icon when it's selected.
  3. The Backup List doesn't show the Backup
  4. I tried deleting an older backup of the VM to see if I could get the Backup List to update. The VM Backup List still shows the old Backup. When I go to click Edit Notes, I'll receive the following: volume_size_info on 'local-usb:backup/vzdump-qemu-101-2022_04_11-19_07_53.vma.zst' failed (500) (which I would expect, since I elected to delete the old backup)
  5. In Terminal, if I go to mnt/usb-drive/dump, I'll see that my new ZST and LOG file are both there (but no NOTES file), and the old backup that I deleted isn't (only it's old NOTES file).
Could the VM still be backing up and that's why the new backup isn't showing up in the list? Perhaps it had an error in backing up (even though the LOG shows no errors)? What should I do?

See the images below for more context:

Last edited:
Never mind. I went to bed and woke up this morning to find the Backup completed (and the old backup I deleted properly deleted). The backups are also properly listed in the GUI. Took almost 2 hours and 30 mins for the backup to complete.

I guess I just need to be more patient with Snapshot Backups. I assume a "Stop Backup" would be faster to do?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!