Backup Storage status keeps becoming "unknown" in PVE.

monteiro96

Jun 18, 2024
If i unplug and plug the ethernet cable back in the server with PBS, the storage becomes available again for a while. But then a i have repeat the procedure. I have done a successful backup, but this issue doesn't allow the automatic backup to work. I am able to ping the servers both ways in the shell.
The following error show when PVE tries to access the storage in PBS:

TASK ERROR: could not activate storage 'pvebk': pvebk: error fetching datastores - 500 Can't connect to <ip-address> (Connection refused).

Last edited:
this sounds like there is some error in your network configuration, for example a duplicate ip
alternatively, is there anything visible in your journal/syslog of either node that might give a hint to what's actually wrong?

Reactions: monteiro96
I changed the IP address to an address i know for sure isn't being used. The old one might be used by one of the VMs. Its working for now. If anything changes ill let you know. Thanks for the response!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!