Backup Storage disconnectd

taich

Aug 15, 2020
I run a Proxmox cluster (3 nodes) latest version with all updates and upgrades done. And I also have a Proxmox Backup server also updated to latest version. Once in a while the backup server gets disconnected from pve. In server view under storage pbs loses its name and there is a question mark. It is important to note that the backup server continues to run without any issues and all backups are still being made.

I could not find a way to reconnect the backup server. I have to delete and recreate the backup storage to fix this.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Are you using let's encrypt to produce the SSL certificates?
Each time those refresh [approximately every 3 months], the fingerprint of the PBS will change, and you need to enter the new fingerprint into the Proxmox nodes so that they can connect to PBS again.

You could make a custom Certificate Authority [like FreeIPA] on a Virtual machine and have it produce SSL certificates with a longer lifespan.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!