BACKUP PROBLEM

hencebilal

Nov 25, 2021
Hi All ,

I recently noticed that my backups are not performed regularly as scheduled ...

1653298858489.png

As shown in the figure: The last backup was performed on 08/05/2022 while my configuration is on a weekly backup .... I noticed the logs there is no backup that is triggered?

1653298910847.png
Where is the problem? there is someone who went through the same situation ?

do you by chance have a hookscript configured?

Reactions: hencebilal
thank you for your interest

no i never touch this part , i configured it manually and it works very well since 01/2022 , i wanted to do a check this morning and i was surprised that the backup doesn't run anymore since 08/05/2022 . i haven't changed anything ...

Last edited:
if you check the task history of the node, do you see any failed backup tasks?

as shown in the configuration the backup should be launched this Sunday 22/05/2022 .... but there is no action referring to this date

1653315233879.png

the other backups job displayed are launched today manually...

one other question - what does systemctl status pvescheduler say?

Sorry for my late answer but I am surprised by another problem I can't access the command lines (shell) :oops:o_Oo_Oo_O

1653317208444.png
and by accessing in ssh it takes a lot of time to access (more than 2 min) ...

I can't restart it because there are production machines working .... :(

that sounds like something is severely wrong on that node.. is there any other form of access you can try: ssh (maybe try running some non-interactive command if a login shell fails), IPMI, ..

if you can access via SSH, please check the logs and systemctl status output for any clues..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!