backup KVM in stop mode didn´t work.

valshare

Jun 2, 2009
Germany
Hello,

i have 2 KVM Machines. One Windows SBS and one Windows 7 machine. On both machines i have changed the policy "Allow system to be shut down without having to log on". I have checked, that no user is logged in.

I have tried to backup the machines over the sheduler, the backup failed because the machine didn´t shutdown and get a time-out.

If i tried "qm shutodwn 123" or make a backup "manuel" over the shell, 3 from 4 are successful. Can anyone tell me, where the problem is?

Regards, Valle

Code:
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.2-80
pve-kernel-2.6.32-16-pve: 2.6.32-80
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.4-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.93-1
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.9-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-28
qemu-server: 2.0-64
pve-firmware: 1.0-21
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-37
libpve-access-control: 1.0-25
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-34
vncterm: 1.0-3
vzctl: 4.0-1pve2
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.2-7
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

Last edited:
maybe a timeout? post the backup log.

Hi Tom,

thanx for fast reply.

Code:
INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump --quiet 1 --mailto xxx@xxx.de --mode stop --compress gzip --storage local --all 1
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 100(qemu)
INFO: status = running
INFO: backup mode: stop
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: exclude disk 'virtio1' (backup=no)
INFO: stopping vm
INFO: VM quit/powerdown failed - got timeout
ERROR: Backup of VM 100failed - command 'qm shutdown 100--skiplock --keepActive --timeout 600' failed: exit code 255
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 111(qemu)
ERROR: Backup of VM 111failed - command 'qm shutdown 111--skiplock --keepActive --timeout 600' failed: exit code 255
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 120 (qemu)
ERROR: Backup of VM 120 failed - command 'qm shutdown 120 --skiplock --keepActive --timeout 600' failed: exit code 255
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors

the logs shows it -

got timeout

works here. so I assume it has something to do with your windows policy or the windows just need to much time to shutdown. also search the forum, there are more discussion regarding this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!