Backup job for one hour keeps running every minute

Asim

Aug 21, 2022
I have one backup job configured to run per hour but it keeps running every minute (see screenshot / link)
There is no other backup job on the server
The server is a fresh install running Proxmox VE 7.2-7

What could be the issue and how to resolve this?

https://capture.dropbox.com/XaxTY8ONREaF81Pv

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 5.42.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 5.42.58 PM.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 12
The jobs shows that next run is on the hour. Are you sure there is not another jobs running every minute? Maybe scheduled via crontab instead of the web GUI? I guess you can test this by disabling the hourly job. Does that stop the every minute backups? Maybe you thought about this and checked it already, I'm just making sure because I can't think of anything else that could cause this.

Reactions: Asim
The jobs shows that next run is on the hour. Are you sure there is not another jobs running every minute? Maybe scheduled via crontab instead of the web GUI? I guess you can test this by disabling the hourly job. Does that stop the every minute backups? Maybe you thought about this and checked it already, I'm just making sure because I can't think of anything else that could cause this.
I just gave the entire proxmox a reboot (without changing the ONLY backupJOb as shown in the screenshot above) and it seems to have stopped the per-minute backup

I am observing this for the next few hours

Hello from the future!

I had/have a very similar issue. A proxmox backup job runs constantly. It finishes, and a minute later, it starts again. This happened on only one host out of seven in the cluster. Our one backup job's schedule is 2,14:30.

I eventually determined that the affected host previously had the wrong time zone (local time, whereas everyone else in the cluster was UTC). This problem started at the next backup after we fixed that. Disabling, waiting, and re-enabling the backup job did not fix it. As in the case described here, a reboot does seem to have done the job.

Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: leesteken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!