backup image .vma.lzo entpacken?

ClusterX

Apr 12, 2018
ich müsste eine KVM auf einen Hetzner Cloud (KVM) übertragen um die Ausfallzeit so gering wie möglich zu halten wollte ich ein .vma.lzo entpacken und im resque Mode auf den neuen Host per rsync kopieren, danach die fstab und networks anpassen etc.
Kann man ein .vma.lzo entpacken und wie?

after decompression you can use vma extract to access the raw data stored in the vma file.

Reactions: ClusterX
after decompression you can use vma extract to access the raw data stored in the vma file.
thank you!
so is this action correct ?
Code:
lzop -d ./vzdump-qemu-108-2017_01_10-19_15_51.vma.lzo
vma extract vzdump-qemu-108-2017_01_10-19_15_51.vma /target/dir

looks okay - but should be pretty straightforward to test with a small backup ;)

ok got it ;-)
Code:
apt install libiscsi7 librbd1 libgfapi0 libjemalloc2 pve-qemu-kvm mount
/sbin/losetup -P loop0 /backup/img/disk-drive-virtio0.raw
sudo mount /dev/loop0p1 /mnt

ok I guess I better use dd for the migration instead of rsync ...
would it be possible to convert a virtio0.raw or .vma.lzo into a .img format?

something does not work
Code:
lzop -d ./vzdump-qemu-101-2021_07_10-07_30_01.vma.lzo (OK)
./vma extract -v vzdump-qemu-101-2021_07_10-07_30_01.vma /backup/img
error while loading shared libraries: libproxmox_backup_qemu.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
installed pve-qemu-kvm as as described here:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/howto-extract-pve-backup-from-outsite-on-a-debian-machine.60468/

any idea?
you need to install the missing library ;) libproxmox-backup-qemu0

ok I guess I better use dd for the migration instead of rsync ...
would it be possible to convert a virtio0.raw or .vma.lzo into a .img format?
.img is not really a "format". if you want a raw image, then .raw is exactly what you want. a VMA archive once extracted also gives you raw image data. if you need a different format (like qcow2), qemu-img convert probably has you covered for all KVM/Qemu needs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!