Backup > File Restore GUI - Timeout

vincenzo.t

Member
Apr 15, 2021
11
0
6
38
Hello,

how can I increase the "File Restore" gui Timeout?

I'm try to take an backup from proxmox-backup-server, but, if the folder have many GB of data, the GUI "File Restore" gone in Timeout, there is an way for increase the Proxmox VE GUI Timeout?

Thanks

Best Regards
 
Hello,

how can I increase the "File Restore" gui Timeout?

I'm try to take an backup from proxmox-backup-server, but, if the folder have many GB of data, the GUI "File Restore" gone in Timeout, there is an way for increase the Proxmox VE GUI Timeout?
Timeout does not happen because of a "too large" disk, something else happened. What exactly can be figured out by studying the respective tasklog. You can find the tasklog file (for e.g. VM 199) by:
Code:
ls /var/log/pve/tasks/*/*qmrestore:199*
 
Hello

I have no logs into this path.

What I need to find exactly?

Regards
What exactly did you do what is called in your first post "File Restore"? I assumed restoring a VM at a PVE host but maybe I am wrong.
 
Hello,

"What exactly did you do what is called in your first post "File Restore"?"

Datacenter > Node Name > Vm Number > Backup > Click backup from PBS > File Restore

I attach you an screen

With "File Restore" function, I can open the backup, and download the folders/files that I need, without do an full VM restore.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • screen.png
    screen.png
    8 KB · Views: 19
Hi,

We’ve seen a similar issue with the file restore function on a PVE instance connected to a slow PBS instance. is there any way to increase the timeout for the file restore GUI?
As far as I can tell, the PBS read jobs keep running even after the timeout on PVE happened.
 
This thread is from 2023. It would probably have been better to create a new one and add just a link to this one.
We’ve seen a similar issue with the file restore function on a PVE instance connected to a slow PBS instance. is there any way to increase the timeout for the file restore GUI?
Possibly (just guessing, as you did not tell anything about your hardware) the correct action is mentioned there: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/pbs-http-request-timeout-issue.186820/post-871787

Yes, I know that does not answer your specific question..., sorry.
 
Last edited: