backup-client yields TLS error.

AngryAdm

Sep 5, 2020
Reinstalled PBS today to try to solve some speed issues. Now I have this problem instead:

Running the same backup script as before the reinstallation yields this error..

The script runs:
proxmox-backup-client backup homes.pxar:/storage/homes --repository root@pam@10.0.0.7:backup --verbose

Code:
root@pve01:~# sh backhomes.sh
Starting backup: host/pve01/2020-10-25T09:46:44Z
Client name: pve01
Starting backup protocol: Sun Oct 25 10:46:44 2020
Error: error trying to connect: the handshake failed: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:../ssl/statem/statem_clnt.c:1915:: self signed certificate
root@pve01:~#

How do I fix this?
I can backup stuff from the GUI just fine, but I need to run proxmox-backup-client and backup directories

EDIT:
I made a "temporary fix" which I think should not be necesary as It was not necesary for me to include in my backup script before the reinstallation.
If I specify PBS_FINGERPRINT it works.... how do I remove the old fingerprint which is apparantly hidden somewhere and replace it with the new one?

Last edited:
.config/proxmox-backup/fingerprints

should probably be handled more elegantly ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!