Backup and Restore Issue

Paulev

Sep 4, 2016
Hi, I'm seeing an issue where I backup a lxc container having a hosting panel installed in it. The installation of the hosting panel has log files /var/log/* (Ex: Apache, MySQL, etc). When I backup and restore this CT some services like apache, nginx seems to not want to start. Upon tshooting I'm discovering Proxmox is NOT backing up the directories under /var/log/... I'm posting the issue here to see if there is a known issue with proxmox backing up all files under /var/log or any other directories. I'm running on proxmox 4.2. Thanks in advance for any feeback!

Hi Dietmar,

Ok thanks for the info about the bug. I'm new to using proxmox and want to confirm the following:

- If I do an update & upgrade from GUI will this upgrade proxmox to fix the issue or something else needs done in addition to the upgrade?
- If want to first try the work around by editing vzdump.conf. I looked at my vzdump.conf below should I un-comment out the options below and ADD > stdexcludes: 0 to it. Will below change do it?

# vzdump default settings

#tmpdir: DIR
#dumpdir: DIR
#storage: STORAGE_ID
#mode: snapshot|suspend|stop
#bwlimit: KBPS
#ionice: PRI
#lockwait: MINUTES
#stopwait: MINUTES
#size: MB
#maxfiles: N
#script: FILENAME
#exclude-path: PATHLIST
#pigz: N:
stdexcludes: 0

Below is my version. I just made new install. I see my pvemanager at 4.2-2... Will upgrade to 4.2-12 fix the restore issue?

# pveversion -v
proxmox-ve: 4.2-48 (running kernel: 4.4.6-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.2-2 (running version: 4.2-2/725d76f0)
pve-kernel-4.4.6-1-pve: 4.4.6-48
lvm2: 2.02.116-pve2
corosync-pve: 2.3.5-2
libqb0: 1.0-1
pve-cluster: 4.0-39
qemu-server: 4.0-72
pve-firmware: 1.1-8
libpve-common-perl: 4.0-59
libpve-access-control: 4.0-16
libpve-storage-perl: 4.0-50
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.5-2
vncterm: 1.2-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.5-14
pve-container: 1.0-62
pve-firewall: 2.0-25
pve-ha-manager: 1.0-28
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-2+deb8u1
lxc-pve: 1.1.5-7
lxcfs: 2.0.0-pve2
cgmanager: 0.39-pve1
criu: 1.6.0-1
zfsutils: 0.6.5-pve9~jessie

Not sure if or what I may be doing wrong. My new install of proxmox 4.2-2 and I do a update/upgrade via the gui and reboot. The package list stills show proxmox-ve manager at 4.2-2 ??? I'm trying to do a successful update to 4.2-12 or higher.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!