Automatically block emails

fabcab84

May 10, 2023
Dear Esteemed Friends,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the possibility of implementing a rule in Proxmox Mail Gateway to address a specific concern we have regarding email usage.

Our goal is to enforce a stricter control over the email sending behavior of our users on the Proxmox Mail Gateway. Specifically, we are interested in exploring the feasibility of creating a rule that would automatically blacklist any email account attempting to send more than 1000 emails within a span of 5 minutes. This would help us prevent any potential abuse of the email system and maintain its integrity.

I have searched extensively for a configuration that would allow us to achieve this objective, but unfortunately, I have not been able to find a suitable solution so far. As such, I kindly request your assistance in this matter. If you could provide guidance on how to configure such a rule within Proxmox Mail Gateway or any relevant resources, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for taking the time to consider my inquiry. Your expertise and support are highly valued, and we look forward to any insights you can offer to help us address this concern effectively.

Best Regards,

exploring the feasibility of creating a rule that would automatically blacklist any email account attempting to send more than 1000 emails within a span of 5 minutes. This would help us prevent any potential abuse of the email system and maintain its integrity.
Rate limiting for senders (irrespective of the connections and recipients per connection) is not implemented in PMG - some users in our community use postfwd and similar to get such functionality - search the forum for postfwd to find some pointers

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!