attached text message altered

robvoi

Apr 17, 2007
Hi.

I have the problem that some messages attached as pure text message text message (so not base64 or other binary formats) get altered during the relay.

What happens exactly is that some of the dot signs (.) get doubled.
I attached a sent and a received file, you can see the difference with a diff tool (lite textpad).

I tested it by using blat to send to the relay as well as to the exchange server:

Blat "body.txt" -to myaddress@company.com -server mail.company.com -attacht "sent.txt" -debug -timestamp -log blatSMTPlog.txt -subject "test"

The attachment arrives unaltered when sending to the exchange directly but altered if sent to the relay.

What I assume is that the doubled dot at the lines that begin with a dot (SMTP RFC) is not removed correctly. (just a guess)

Our proxmox version is proxmox-mailgateway/2.1/2294.
The receiving exchange server is an Exchange 2003 SP2 server.

Kind regards.
Robert

Attachments

• example files.zip
    75.5 KB · Views: 10
Hi Robert,

you should have received hotfix 2517 from Proxmox support, please check your inbox.
does it solve the issue?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!