Arma 3 Server

Solbak

May 20, 2023
Hello! I'm trying to make an arma3 server that runs on proxmox on a windows VM. The server seams to be running in it's console, however the server does not show up on the server list. I have opened ports in the VMs firewall, however I am struggeling to open them in proxmox itself. The port I need to open are 2302, 2303, 2304, 2306. Any suggestions?

no need to change host firewall. Network VM is isolated from the host , they are connected like a "switch" , the vmbr0 bridge.
You need NAT/open public port from your router to your VM ip.

no need to change host firewall. Network VM is isolated from the host , they are connected like a "switch" , the vmbr0 bridge.
You need NAT/open public port from your router to your VM ip.
Hey thank you for your reply! I'm currently using OVH as my host, would it still be the same process?

oh , so your VM is behind NAT/Masquerade of the host ?
post your /etc/network/inferfaces (replace last digit of ip by xx ) and in the CODE TAG please ( </> button when you type post )[/CODE]

Last edited:
I am having a similar issue to this. Where my server isn't showing up in the Arma 3 Server list and my headless clients I try to run on the same Windows 10 VM on proxmox as the main arma 3 server are having a issue where they will connect but will not load in the mission to connect fully. I don't have the firewall enabled in proxmox and I'm using a tp-link router that had the VM port forwarded. Any ideas on how to fix both these issues?

sorry, but there is nothing to do on the proxmox side if vm subnet is same as host subnet, as the default bridge vmbr0 act as real switch.
the vm is considered as physical host from point of view of the router and the public/internet/outside network.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!