apt-get update/autoremove failed - no space left

nimoinau

Oct 18, 2017
hello
i got a problem with proxmox 6.4.8
i can not start my vm, not make apt-get update, or autoremove because it can not create temporary file due to no space left
but when i make a df -h, i do not see that the system is full
root@proxmox:/# df -h Sys. de fichiers Taille Utilisé Dispo Uti% Monté sur udev 7,8G 0 7,8G 0% /dev tmpfs 1,6G 9,2M 1,6G 1% /run /dev/mapper/pve-root 28G 6,2G 20G 25% / tmpfs 7,8G 43M 7,7G 1% /dev/shm tmpfs 5,0M 0 5,0M 0% /run/lock tmpfs 7,8G 0 7,8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup /dev/fuse 30M 36K 30M 1% /etc/pve tmpfs 1,6G 0 1,6G 0% /run/user/1000

any ideas how to fix it ?

I believe I am running into the same problem, and I believe you may be out of inodes. Do this:

Bash:
cd /
du --inodes -xS | sort -n

At the bottom of that list, do you have a large number?

500 ./usr/include/linux 590 ./usr/share/nmap/scripts 780 ./usr/share/man/man3 809 ./usr/share/bash-completion/completions 874 ./usr/share/man/man8 946 ./usr/bin 1071 ./usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu 1176 ./usr/share/man/man1 1323 ./var/cache/apt/archives 4249 ./var/lib/dpkg/info 1714383 ./var/lib/samba/private/msg.sock

here is the result

to be sure to well understand,
can i safely delete all the files in /var/lib/samba/private/msg.sock ?

I deleted some log files in /var/log and i was able to make the actions which do not worked before.
Vms are now started, update is OK

if someone can just confim me i can delete files in samba directory safely, it would be fine.
thanks for your help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!