API / cPanel

Chris4

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, I'm looking into using Proxmox Mail Gateway as a replacement for Spam Experts in a shared hosting environment. The main thing I see missing is a cpanel plugin to add and remove domains and their destination hosts on the gateway. I presume thus far, each domain must be manually added to the gateway?

Does that also mean that the product is intended for small scale use rather than for use within a hosting environment?

Any plans to employ Modules Garden to produce a cpanel plugin?

I think if this was available, there could be a large number of web hosts moving from Spam Experts to Proxmox to keep their costs down. With them, once you reach 5,001 domains, a 10,000 domain license is required at a huge cost.

I suggest you just contact Modules Garden. As the V 5.0 is brand new, also the API is new, it will take some time for third party devs to prepare their plugins.

Thanks, I had considered that this could be used on a larger scale but you have designed it for individual small customers rather than as a service for providers, so it doesn't quite fit in with what I'd want to do.

yes, the last 14 years, the main focus of the mail gateway was the enterprise market, not hosting providers. the new open source version and the api can change this.

looking for this too, so hope new version will be more in this direction
great work as usual and i'm sure you will get more visibility with this new strategy

Hi, anybody can provide the direct URL for API documentation as I would like to study it. Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!