APCUPSD

Dominik Wimmer

Feb 8, 2022
Hello dear Proxmox team,

Dear Proxmox Team, Our server is connected to a UPS. In the event of a power failure, the VMs on the server should shut down cleanly, as should the physical servers. Is there a template for a script that shuts down the individual VMs before the physical server? Unfortunately I couldn't find any on the internet.

Greetings from Dome

Thank you very much for your fast answer, so if I write into my host "stopall" every guest shut down cleanly? Or did I missunderstand something?

Thank you very much for your fast answer, so if I write into my host "stopall" every guest shut down cleanly? Or did I missunderstand something?
no, you'll need to send a request to the API endpoint. there are a few clients you can use [0]

but you can use our pvesh client on your node shell like this: pvesh create /nodes/localhost/stopall (you can change localhost with another node's name if you wish to stop the guests on there)

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_API#Using_.27pvesh.27_to_access_the_API

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!