[SOLVED] Anyway to prevent skipping CT compatibility checks with the pve6to7 tool?

bootsie123

Dec 29, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm currently in the process of finally getting my host ready to upgrade to pve7 and I've been running into an annoying issue with the checklist tool. One of the warnings I get is:

Found at least one CT (106) which does not support running in a unified cgroup v2 layout [...] Skipping further CT compat checks

Since I have quite a few containers, I basically have to go through each one at a time and fix the issues before I can see the next container that has an issue. Is it possible to have it continue with the compatibility checks when it reaches this warning so I know which containers it exactly effects?

Somewhat related to that, I noticed I also started to get this warning on a container template. Unfortunately, I've created a few linked clones with it so I can't exactly delete it. Is there an easy way I can resolve this without having to do a full clone of each of the linked clones and then deleting the linked clones and the template? Basically the OS for the template needs to be upgraded to a higher version that supports cgroup v2.

Any advice on this would be great. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks! I found the file in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/CLI/pve6to7.pm, although it seems my changes are not taking any effect. I found from an old forum post that I need to restart pvedaemon, but unfortunately that didn't fix the issue. I assume I'm missing something? Thanks!

changes should take effect immediately (CLI tools are using the perl modules directly, not via the API)

Reactions: bootsie123
I will confirm that this indeed works. Comment out the below lines.

/usr/share/perl5/PVE/CLI/pve6to7.pm

## ~ line 960 ~
Code:
if (!$ret) {
            $log_problem->($ctid);
            #return;
        }
## ~ line 979 ~
Code:
if (!$ret) {
            #$log_problem->($ctid);
            eval { PVE::LXC::umount_all($ctid, $storage_cfg, $conf) };
            last;

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!