Anyone with a successful Bluestacks or Android emulator running?

SomeUser

Aug 1, 2020
Does anyone have a successful Bluestacks running on Windows 10 (or Win 11)? Please share your config.

I have spent the past 3 weeks trying to get blue stacks running without crashing. Sometimes, it will run overnight without issues. Othertimes, it will crash on startup. Each crash will take down the VM as well. Attached is my current config, which is the stablest version. The args look extremely ugly, it's a result of copying from somewhere. Using cpu:host is very unstable. Using cpu:qemu64 without any args did not work. Is there any place I can find out what the heck I've copied for my args? :). I wanna clean that up if at all possible.

Same result on AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS and AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

Code:
agent: 1
args: -cpu host,hv_relaxed,hv_vapic,hv_spinlocks=0x1fff,hv_vpindex,hv_runtime,hv_crash,hv_time,hv_synic,hv_stimer,hv_tlbflush,hv_ipi,hv_reset,hv_frequencies,hv_reenlightenment,hv_stimer_direct,hv-no-nonarch-coresharing=auto
bios: seabios
boot: order=scsi0;ide0;ide2;net0
cores: 12
cpu: qemu64
ide0: local:iso/virtio-win-0.1.240.iso,media=cdrom,size=612812K
ide2: local:iso/Win10_22H2_English_x64v1.iso,media=cdrom,size=5997046K
machine: pc-q35-8.1
memory: 32768
meta: creation-qemu=8.1.2,ctime=1702969584
name: gtr-win10
net0: virtio=BC:24:11:0B:A6:92,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1
numa: 0
ostype: win10
scsi0: local-lvm:vm-105-disk-0,cache=writeback,discard=on,iothread=1,size=256G
scsihw: virtio-scsi-single
smbios1: uuid=cc67bf88-62ac-4145-8ccc-b40a041570fa
sockets: 1
vga: virtio

What is the best way to troubleshoot - when bluestacks crashes, it takes down both the windows 10/11 guests, as well as the Proxmox host. I've looked at Event Viewer in Windows, and do not see anything that jumps out. On Proxmox host, journalctl doesn't show anything either. Everything is running along, and then the next line is the boot logs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!