Any way to restore the "old" UI for the VNC console?

Jan 12, 2015
The little fly-out tab on the left (in the VNC console) obscures content when in a shell session. I've also found it a bit cumbersome to work with and doesn't really add any utility to the vnc session over the old UI using the toolbar at the top of the screen that I can tell. Making it modal also requires more clicks just to close it which is kinda tricky if you have a GUI app open in the console and mis-click that small arrow to close/open it.
T1pjfon

https://imgur.com/a/T1pjfon

The way the [CTRL] and [ALT] modes in the "keyboard" flyout are also not that useful as it's difficult to tell what the mode of the button is (light gray and dark gray as an indicator, plus some kind of blue mouseover/rollover highlight). Its takes so many mouse clicks to enter CTRL+ALT+DEL it's not so great (didn't the old UI have a single pull-down menu item for Ctrl+Alt+Del?)

Is there any way to restore the old toolbar UI at the top of the screen? I'm willing to climb into the CSS for it if that's what it takes.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!