Any scripts for HA? (VM rebooting on another host automatically)

kankamuso

Oct 19, 2011
Hi all,

I know Proxmox 2.0 will provide out-of-the-box some degree of high availability. Nevertheless, I cannot wait until the final release as I have a client now does need it. I was wondering If anyone has managed to build some kind of app or script that monitors the other machine (Will be using just two distant machines) and reloads VMs on the other host if something fails. Data is already replicated remotely through DRBD and I have come to this solution using VMware ESX:

http://margotu.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/alta-disponibilidad-en-vmware-gratis/ (Spanish, sorry)

But I wanted to use proxmox because of its open sourced policy.

Any hints?.

Regards,

Jose.

The first beta release including HA is expected to release before Christmas.

hello,

I saw the video of the High-Aviability by MARTIN and Christmas is in 2 days. I feel we will have soon :D

Merci beacoup.

To create an HA cluster must have 3 servers, two enough? Do all three servers must be the same? Do not use a third server for service tasks? I have three computers, two of them 48Gb of memory, the third 4Gb, is that enough?

Hello,
I created my cluster with three servers, with drbd, san and that work very well. but I do not see how to add the module HA. Do I have to add "Fencing"?
howto as a help please.
thank you

the needed packages are not yet available on the public repository, we are currently working on that. expect it later today.

our design is flexible. and yes, sheepdog looks promising but we did not intensive testing yet.

Thank you.
Everything works at home, DRBD-HA-SAN with three servers, it's my Christmas present. I installed kvm 6 servers (OpenERP, Zimbra, Icinga, Alfresco, Glpi-OCSNG and Freeipa) and they work perfectly now.
I will continue my testing.
hat to the team.

Merci à toute l'équipe.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!