Any recommendations for very Intensive cpu and networking KVM?

Feb 27, 2020
Hi
i am going to deploy proxysql in my Proxmox cluster, it will be done using KVM and not lxc in order to be able to use VRRP to get H/A between several VMS in different nodes of the cluster. Is there any recommendation to the VM hardware setup, the Proxmox node itself or the VM configuration in order to reduce latency and get the most of cpu and network?

Reading through different docs it seems multi queue is recommeded (although "ethtool -L ens1 combined X" is not working on my setup). Is there any other consideration in terms of virtual hardware setup, node configuration or vm? Proxysql does not uses disk, it is just cpu and network and most of the time cpu is being used on kernel space, not in user space.

thanks!

Do not use CPU over subscription to avoid impact through CPU scheduling.
Consider NUMA boundaries as well when designing the VM.
These are generic recommendations...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!