Annoying no-scroll menu in the new gui

grin

Renowned Member
Dec 8, 2008
Hungary
grin.hu
4.3-3/557191d3 looks great but feels PITA to use. The menu has ben converted from top line to left block, which is bad enough (uses ten times the original area of the screen estate) but it doesn't scroll on mouse scrollwheel. This just hurts. Every time. Have to go down to the downward-pointing-something and press it repeatedly.

this is weird, because here in chromium i can scroll the vertical bar with the scrollwheel
what screen resolution do you use? and what browser?

My colleagues told me the same, but anyway, the resolution is 1280x1024 (this is my smaller secondary monitor :)) and the browser is Firefox Nightly (52.0a1 (2016-10-16) (64-bit)).

[UPDATE4 :)] Yes, in Chrome it does scroll, but not in Firefox.

(The attachment management of the forum seems to be rather, erm, erratic. No feedback of successful upload, its not visible in the preview... somehow I have figured out to remove extra duplicates but I honestly don't know how, snce multiple clicking trails of seemingly same task lead to different states of article editing. :))
norodent.png

Attachments

• norodent.png
    norodent.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 3
this is an general firefox issue with scrolling (seen on several places).

scrolling works on chrome based browsers (also on IE11 and Edge)

Looks like sencha fixed it. Google "EXTJS-19223".
yes i can confirm since extjs 6.0.2 (we use 6.0.1) it seems to be fixed, sadly sencha did not release the updates since then under the gpl, so we cannot use them, but as soon as they release a new version under the gpl, we will start to upgrade

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!