Android x86 VM

spacefighter

Mar 24, 2011
I am trying to figure out a way to remotely connect to an android Bluetooth device that only has an android app. Say it’s a Bluetooth thermometer. One solution is to buy a cheap android device like an old tablet and remotely connect to it, but that cost money. Since I already have Proxmox setup at home, mostly to play with different things, I figured I could install android and a Bluetooth dongle.

So I tried installing Android x86 but it does not work? It will install but gets right before the android boot screen and is blank. I spent some time researching and if I understand correctly android needs a GPU pass through to work? It’s a bit over my head so before I spend a lot of time I thought I would ask.

Does Android x86 work with Proxmox? What do I need to do to get it to work? Would it recognize a Bluetooth dongle if I passed the USB through?

Thanks!

i remember briefly that i set up an android x86 vm a while ago, i think it worked with display std vga and i had to select a vga resolution
i used an iso from here: http://www.android-x86.org/download

I ended up doing a clean install of proxmox 5.0, I was running an older version and figured it was time. I don't think the version was the issue but it worked this time. I probably had some setting wrong before. Re-read and I am pretty sure GPU pass through for using the accelerated graphics?, so not needed. Thanks Dominik.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!