Alternatives to modules garden ? Anything?

ozdjh

Oct 8, 2019
Hi

This may be a little off topic, but we can't use Proxmox if it doesn't integrate into a support portal / billing system.

Is there any alternative to the whmcs module offered by Modules Garden? We've been trying to work through problems with their product for weeks now and their technical support is the worst I've ever seen. Seriously, the worst ever. It's hard to imagine how technical support could be any worse than what we've experienced from this company. And that's after buying the product and then paying for "priority support".

Sorry if this isn't appropriate here but we need to find a way to let our users talk to Proxmox to manage their VMs. Modules Garden is a joke so I'd appreciate any other options people may have come across.

Hi

This may be a little off topic, but we can't use Proxmox if it doesn't integrate into a support portal / billing system.

Is there any alternative to the whmcs module offered by Modules Garden? We've been trying to work through problems with their product for weeks now and their technical support is the worst I've ever seen. Seriously, the worst ever. It's hard to imagine how technical support could be any worse than what we've experienced from this company. And that's after buying the product and then paying for "priority support".

Sorry if this isn't appropriate here but we need to find a way to let our users talk to Proxmox to manage their VMs. Modules Garden is a joke so I'd appreciate any other options people may have come across.

What are the specific issues you have seen with it?

We've used it and it's worked fine, but ultimately if you want to use WHMCS it is your only option for now.

Using 7.9.1 (or 7.8.3) and the latest version of the module has significant delays rendering pages. When you hit a page that uses the module there's a delay of around 12 seconds before it calls the proxmox api's. It's taken us almost 2 weeks to get their support people to even start looking into the problem. If your instance is working fine then I wouldn't upgrade for a while.

I appreciate code has bugs. But it's the lack of support that's our main problem with modules garden. I was hoping there was an alternative. Thanks for the feedback.

We've the same problems. Opening a site a the client-area takes up to 12 seconds.

What did the support at your case?

The problem was the SSL check that you can't disable. Why whmcs introduce a feature like that and not let users turn it off is just incredible. We worked around it by changing the product definitions so that the "Product Type" is set to "Other". Apparently it doesn't try to check the SSL cert for those products.

So basically it is not directly on the module but on WHMCS itself.

If I change the product to "Others" it works fine for me, but I find this solution very unclean and inappropriate.

After hours of programming to prevent this by a hook, I have to give up. I have contacted the WHMCS support and maybe they can help me.

There are different versions of the WHMCS source code in the internet and even there you can't really figure out how to prevent SSL Check.

Even if the status in tblsslstatus is set to active=1, WHMCS synchronizes the SSL certificate on every call.

What an unthought-out function. Sad, that WHMCS publishes such a thing.

Yes, it's a mess and a really bad feature release. I raised a ticket with whmcs and they said in a reply that they are considering letting us disable this feature in a future version. They don't seam to understand (or care) how bad this feature or how much impact it has for people using platforms like Proxmox.

At ModulesGarden we honestly believe that our customers have all the right to criticize purchased services and products if they did not meet the expected standards and turned out to be faulty in any regard. That means this criticism should be fully justified which we believe was not the case here, with regard to our Proxmox VPS For WHMCS. The module itself is fully functioning and we cannot take responsibility for any issues that are caused by WHMCS directly.

As much as we would love to help, there is little we can do unless WHMCS decides to move forward with proper tweaks that will make the problem in question disappear. We genuinely look forward to that happening so as we can continue our cooperation in the future.

The criticism mentioned in the initial post of this thread was the woeful technical support offered by your company. That criticism is totally valid.

It should not be perceived any differently than that we are deeply sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with ModulesGarden and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

Based on the detailed description of the problem you provided here on these forums, we were able to search out your ticket #247762 in order to re-examine it. What is more, we would like to inform you that it has been already passed along to our Executive Board for further analysis – it will surely serve us as a source of conclusions for the future, on the basis of which we wish to much improve the quality of our services so that no more situations of this sort occur again.

We are respectful of the fact that the response time of our support may not have been entirely satisfying for you and we truly understand that. You should be aware at this point, however, that such experiences as yours help us greatly to draw the right conclusions for the future.

Once again, let us express our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you suffered, we genuinely regret that. We know that time cannot be turned back but we are only too eager to at least make up for the inconveniences you suffered.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!