[SOLVED] Allow SPF fail @ SMTP level and then route those emails to quaratine

Oct 26, 2019
Dear Moderators,

I want to allow SPF fail emails in the SMTPD level.And then is there any rule we can set so that it will add SPF FAIL value 5.0 and ultimately ending up those emails to my quarantine, where I can decide whether to release or blacklist.

Because so many clients of us ,not caring of their SPF entries which results in rejection.

Regards,
Liju

Just disable SPF.

(Configuration/Mail Proxy/Options: Use SPF: no)

Just disable SPF.

(Configuration/Mail Proxy/Options: Use SPF: no)

Dear Tom,

Ok that will do.Will that action will add SPAM SCORE SPF FAIL and end up those emails in my quarantine for my review?

Or Do we have to define any rule to direct those SPF failed emails to Quarantine?

Regards,

Liju

This will disable SPF on SMTP level..

(This does not change anything in the spamassasssin rules)

Disable SPF on SMTP level, the default spamassassin rules will/should add a score to the emails sent from wrong SPF setups.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!