allow noVNC consoles for Proxmox_VPS_For_WHMCS

behnam

Jul 29, 2017
Hello
I used Proxmox_VPS_For_WHMCS and I want users can use noVNC, in installation guide say this:
If you wish to allow noVNC consoles, you need to configure a product using the PVE realm and set user permissions to 'PVEVMUser.'

What exactly should I do? Is there a detailed training link?
Thanks

I don't know if theres a specific documentation on how to set this specific permission.

PVEVMUser permission will allow people to logon to the pve Web-UI too and see a bunch of stuff.
(Obviously only their stuff)

You can create a new user in the pve realm and then assign this user with permission PVEVMUser to the VM by clicking onto it and then select Permission => Add

If you only want them to have access to the VMs noVNC and console you can create a new role with the following permissions:

VM.Console: console access to VM
VM.Monitor: access to VM monitor (kvm)

This can be done on the command line with the command:
Code:
pveum roleadd PVE_User_KVM -privs "VM.Console VM.Monitor"

Or in the Webinterface with Create Role.
You can read more here:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/User_Management

I don't know if theres a specific documentation on how to set this specific permission.

PVEVMUser permission will allow people to logon to the pve Web-UI too and see a bunch of stuff.
(Obviously only their stuff)

You can create a new user in the pve realm and then assign this user with permission PVEVMUser to the VM by clicking onto it and then select Permission => Add

If you only want them to have access to the VMs noVNC and console you can create a new role with the following permissions:

VM.Console: console access to VM
VM.Monitor: access to VM monitor (kvm)

This can be done on the command line with the command:
Code:
pveum roleadd PVE_User_KVM -privs "VM.Console VM.Monitor"

Or in the Webinterface with Create Role.
You can read more here:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/User_Management
Thanks, I used proxmox module for WHMCS and I give this error in VNC:

currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 501

Is this problem related to permision access?

If you want to we could talk in a meeting so we can actually try to fix it in that time.

You'd be up for that?
Could send you a private message to my conference system.

Hi,

Were you able to solve the issue?

HTTP ERROR 501

novnc is giving this error.

Run the below command on every proxmox nodes in the cluster. (reinstalling vnc package)

apt-get install --reinstall novnc-pve

Then copy over the contents of folder "6.3" (in my case I am using proxmox 6.3) from "UploadOnProxmoxServer" (which came with your whmcs addon )to /usr/share/novnc-pve of all proxmox nodes in cluster.

Important: Just copy over contents to /usr/share/novnc-pve, don't delete existing /usr/share/novnc-pve

Then run the below commands on all nodes:

systemctl restart pvedaemon systemctl restart pveproxy

I faced this issue today and was able to fix it using the above steps.

Run the below command on every proxmox nodes in the cluster. (reinstalling vnc package)

apt-get install --reinstall novnc-pve

Then copy over the contents of folder "6.3" (in my case I am using proxmox 6.3) from "UploadOnProxmoxServer" (which came with your whmcs addon )to /usr/share/novnc-pve of all proxmox nodes in cluster.

Important: Just copy over contents to /usr/share/novnc-pve, don't delete existing /usr/share/novnc-pve

Then run the below commands on all nodes:

systemctl restart pvedaemon systemctl restart pveproxy

I faced this issue today and was able to fix it using the above steps.
I did, but now I get this message:

No+query+results+for+model+[ModulesGarden\ProxmoxAddon\App\Models\User].

It certainly appears to be something related to whmcs proxmox addon. Please try updating to the latest version and see if it helps.
Also, ensure that you are connected to proxmox nodes from whmcs >> Servers

@dcsapak Can you check this issue?​

no because neither whmcs nor modulesgarden plugin is from us..

if you have a concrete question/problem about the api or something like that, please ask

Hi,

Were you able to solve the issue?

HTTP ERROR 501

novnc is giving this error.
You need to ensure that you upload the contents of the module files found in "UploadOnProxmoxServer" to your proxmox server

https://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/Proxmox_VPS_For_WHMCS
Refer to section 4 of the guide
4. Open 'UploadOnProxmoxServer' and upload the content of the proper version on all Proxmox VE servers into the '/' path

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!