Additional IP in lxc

RipSkils

Jun 5, 2023
Hello! I've been trying to add an extra ip to be used in LXC for a few days now, but I've hit a rock. The IP is added via the GUI and it can be seen in LXC using ifconfig. When I try to ping the ip it is impossible. I am attaching screenshots from the GUI and LXC.

Screenshot_489.pngscr_1.png

You have /32 as CIDR at eth1 - try switching it to the same CIDR as you used in eth0 (/26)

Those seem to be public IPs - how are you trying to check the connection? Are you pinging from the host? Or from some external device?

Rather than creating a second interface it might make sense to just add the second IP to the first interface from within the container:

Code:
ip addr add x.x.x.x/y dev <dev_name>

It don't work. The ips is not in the same subnet. They are buyed additional ips from Hetzner

Is your original vmbr0 and mac address linked/set by people of Hetzner ?
You are now adding a "foreign" mac address (and ip) to the original vmbr0 config.
Maybe this is a Hetzner policy for security reasons.
Not sure, just my thoughts.

The mac adresses it's from Hetzner. You can't use the additional IP without their mac adress

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!