Adding USB-attached storage to one node

starkruzr

I have a USB3 RAID array attached to one of my nodes. Ideally I'd like to be able to share it among all three, but I don't think that's possible. It would be fine if I could use it on just one node. What is the right way to do this?

LV2AZKg.png

There it is at sdb. I'd like to use sdc too.

ETA: Also, I backed up all my VMs before reinstalling with 5.1 to a FreeNAS NFS share which for some reason the new install of Proxmox simply can't talk to anymore. How can I debug what's going wrong there?

Thanks.

Last edited:
(Like, specifically, anything that it did not add to /etc/fstab does not get automatically mounted regardless of what you put in there, and you have to manually mount it yourself at the emergency boot command line, every time.)

that is not true. you probably have a wrong fstab line and / or a dependency problem in the generated systemd mount units.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!